Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Change of Direction

Smartphone
Smartphone (Photo credit: Prophetic_Blogger)



Awhile back, I published a post about maybe discontinuing this blog. I've gotten back into fiction writing in a large way, but haven't had the time to devote to my writing blog (robynmcintyre.wordpress.com) because of this blog and other obligations. 

I'm not going to completely discontinue this blog, although there are a lot of people out there now who specialize in blogging about social media and communications for nonprofits (just look at my own blog roll on the lower right for suggestions), and they give it a lot more time. But I'll pretty much confine myself to posting about tools and applications I think a really small nonprofit could find useful, or articles I think are worth the read.

TapFunder Mobile

Here's an app I just found that I think could be useful, depending on how many of your donors like to donate using their smartphones. It's called TapFunder Mobile. Currently, people wanting to donate using their phones get charged through their phone billing. TapFunder allows them to pay using a credit/debit card. It's not free, of course, but the charge from their partner WePay.com is in line with most other such services ($.30 and 2.9% per transaction). Where TapFunder makes their money is in being the portal to WePay.com, and they charge $1 per donation. So a $10 donation would net you $8.41.

Eventually, applications like Google Wallet may change how electronic donations are handled, but apps like TapFunder may be useful in the short term.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments :