Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Social Communication and Barriers to Using It

I don't know that I've mentioned it here, but I serve as a volunteer on the Santa Cruz County Emergency Medical Care Commission, which advises our County Supervisors on emergency healthcare issues. I got interested in this area when my late husband was going through a lot of hospital visits, some of which involved ambulances and helicopters. I've continued to volunteer (as the consumer representative), because the Commission has done so much valuable work and I love being part of that.

Over the last couple of years, I have worked to make a case for enlarging knowledge and use of social communications, particularly with respect to public education and information. So, I keep an eye out for news items and discussions that relate to using social communications to further good health care. Here's one I found a couple of days ago about a doctor's idea for follow-up and how well-intentioned curbs on social communication could hurt that idea.



Healthloop: How Medical Liability Slows Down Health Care from National Journal on FORA.tv 

Are there barriers in your use of social communications in furthering the mission of your small nonprofit?

No comments :