Saturday, November 16, 2013

NaNoWriMo is Not a Social Media Tool for Your Small Nonprofit

Image via World Aventurers
Most everyone knows by now that I'm a professional writer. This year I decided to do NaNoWriMo, which I haven't done in years, which is why it was Friday before I realized I hadn't written a post for this blog this week. As they say in the anime I like to watch, gomen nasai. Or, sorry about that.

Recently, I've featured some guest posts on fundraising through video and how to choose a video producer. Rob Wu of CauseVox.com dropped me a note and asked me to take a look at a couple of links.
NOTE: Causevox is an online fundraising/crowdsourcing platform vendor. I have no ties to them and this post is not an advertisement or endorsement for them.
One is for an ebook on getting started in video storytelling - you know, you give us your email and we give you an ebook and maybe we can have a relationship. The other link is for a guest post on their site by Canadian based copywriter and fundraising strategist Vanessa Chase. The information in her article is good and there are some nice example videos embedded.

You may be tired of hearing about video by now and there is a point where you just have to go for it, but if you're still exploring, you might take a look at this article and see if it jogs anything loose.

Yeah, I know - these links dropped into my mailbox and I feel like it's kinda cheating to use them, but I also think you might find some of the material interesting and if it helps even one person, I can feel as though I'm not a complete screw up for forgetting to post this week. Yuth - it's alllll about me, isn't it?

Next week, I'll talk more about NaNoWriMo and how their social media support system helps writers like me get through a crazy attempt to author a novel (or 50,000 words) in one month.

No comments :