Wednesday, January 8, 2014

All We Are Saying, Is Give Twitter a Chance

Twitter
Twitter (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
It's been a long time since I heard the kind of criticism of Twitter that I used to hear, say circa January 2008, when I joined. Now everyone just seems to accept that Twitter is a thing, though for a lot of them it seems to mean Twitter is a thing for newscasters or comedians to reference when someone in the public eye screws up big-time. Although more people understand Twitter is probably not going to go away, even the cachet of assisting in the Arab Spring in Egypt hasn't made it more attractive to those who long ago decided it wasn't worthwhile.

But, if that's you (and your small nonprofit), it might be time to re-evaluate your thinking.

I had several pieces of good reasoning for this, but then along came Adam Grant, writing on LinkedIn, and he stole all my good reasons (and then some). So, I'm going to return the favour by sending you over to his article. I think you'll appreciate his reasons more than mine because he's a convert. And since he starts his article with his reasons for being anti-Twitter, you may find yourself agreeing with him before he destroys his own arguments.

Adam Grant - Why I Was Wrong About Twitter

But before you go, here's one reason Adam didn't talk about - Twitter is great for having short, meaningful conversations with people who get what you do because they do it, too. And we can all use a camaraderie boost now and then.

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments :